Wednesday, January 30, 2008



YEP!! Crysta and I made Terrance some chocolate chip cookies from scratch last night. He had a sweet tooth, I had some chocolate chips calling my name from the cubbord, and Crysta needed to burn some energy. Plus we needed to redeem ourselves from the last batch we made.(which burnt). Well since Crysta was helping me, I thought I would go ahead and set all the ingredients out, its easier that way anyway, and then she could just dump them in as needed. Right off the bat, I start to blend the butter, sugars, and crisco, and after about 2 spins from my CHEAP hand held mixer, its broke!! Yep ruined. Cheap mixer. So, it was time to test my muscles. So I brought out the wooden spoon, and started to stir.. Long story short, it took about 30 minuets to mix all indredients, my arms are sore, and I need a new mixer!
Crysta stired in the chocolate chips, then we proceeded to have a flour fight. I usually try to keep the mess under wraps, and orderly, but then I thought last night. "She is never going to want to help me anymore, b/c Im no fun". So we had a little flour fight, and a few laughs! It was actually fun, but the look of the kitchen after ward...... GULP.


The cookies turned out really well, except I forgot to cover the last batch, and they are rock hard this morning. Oh well. But Crysta enjoyed 2 cookies last night with a cup of milk!!


After cookies, Crysta got her bath, and I tried a new hair conditioning treatment. As far as I can tell, nothing, other than I woke up this morning, and I apparantly didn't get all the 'recipie' out of my hair!! GROSS, so I need another shower!
Carter's cough is getting better I guess. He slept better last night, but still sounds like a smoker. Poor kid! Hope to get that figured out soon!

1 comment:

Jen said...

So cute. It's always been my dream to cook in the kitchen with my kiddos. I've always known that when I design my dream house that we are going to build years from now the kitchen will be designed for cooking with my children. How fun to share those times together. I bet Crysta loved it and I'm sure she's never thought her momma was boring.
Can't wait for tomorrow.