Saturday, September 15, 2007

ALL NATURAAL!!

Pictures will be posted soon, I promise, although many of you have already seen our new addition CARTER JAY NEWTON! thats the name! Terrance, Crysta, and I became a proud family of 4 yesterday, Friday, September 14th at 11:15 am. Carter weighed a whoppin' 8lbs 13 oz, and was 21 inches long! out did Crysta by almost a full pound and 2 inches! I guess I can see why everyone thought I looked so much bigger than I did with Crysta! haha. The journey here was very interesting, painful,gross and extremely fast. I guess I will bore you all with my little exciting story. It all started monday morning, while I was cleaning our kitchen floor. I bent over to sweep up my dirt pile and backed my back end up right into the corner of my table. I must have hit a spot just right, becuase it took only two days for a little sore spot to swell into a huge welt, that kept me from walking normal and sitting straight. By thursday morning, I was in almost unbearable pain, so I decided to go see a doctor. Right after making my appointment, the welt on my backside broke open and oozed. almost instantly it felt better, and I debated canceling my appointment. Glad I didn't. I walked in the doctors office and about 15 minuets after that, they were admiting me into the hospital, and getting a surgeon lined up to take a look at what they called an 'Absess'. to make a Long GROSS story shorter, the surgeon ended up scrapping out a tunnel of dead tissue, patching it up, and shooting me up with tons of antibiotics.
On to Friday. about 5:12 am was my first drip of pitocin into my IV. since I havent been getting to much sleep lately, and since I was sort of 'high' on pain killers, I slept through most of the beginnings of my labor. We all were ready to have a baby, so about 10:00 am, I decide to stop laying down and stand up. Well I picked a bad time to do it, because since it seemed I wasn't progressing at a fast rate, Terrance decided to run home really fast and let our dog Akira out. Well, Im sure he wasnt even home yet, when my contractions were about 1-2 minuets apart, rapidly increasing, and getting much stronger. I was by myself for about 5 minuets with painful contractions before a woman from our church, who works at the hospital came in to see how we were doing. Noticing my labor, and the fact that I was alone, she stayed with me. I paged the nurse to tell her that I was ready for the epidural, but about 20 minuets went by before she came. By that point, my contractions were less than a minuet apart, and she thought that she would break my water. (Terrance is still gone). Valerie called Terrance right as my water broke, and he was on his way. 20 minuets and no epidural later we heard the first cry of our precious baby boy. So I am proud to say, even though it wasn't by my choice, that I have had a child with no drugs! I highly respect any woman who does that. The bible does say that you forget the pains of labor the second the child is placed in your arms, and it is so true. No pain can over power the feeling of hearing your baby cry the second of coming out of your womb. The rest of the 'labor process' was OK. I won't explain it in detail, but everything is healing properly.
So here I am still in the room they admitted me in on Thursday, writting a blog, becuase Tawn and Darron were nice enough to lend me their laptop for my 4 day stay here. Carter and Terrance are watching the Cubs Cardinals game, and we are highly anticipating going home tomorrow. Update on Carter, he is eating very well, and he had a slight heart murmur after he was born, but that is all gone. He is very alert when he is awake, and he smiles and coos all the time. He hasn't shown any signs of my Group B Strep affecting him. He is scheduled to be circumsized at 8 am tomorrow morning, and we are hoping to be home by lunch. Crysta is VERY proud, and just loves on him, and tells him she loves him all the time. I am so happy that she has taken to him the way she has. I think everyone will have some competition for his attention with her around. We appreciate everyone who came to see us in the hospital. We are anxious to show off our little man. We wont be able to be at church tomorrow, but I hear that Crysta will be showing off a picture of her new little brother. I wish I could be there to see it. I can not explain the joy I feel right now. I am amazed that we are such a blessed family, and I just Thank God for the MANY ways he has blessed us.
More to be posted. I am going to sleep, and get ready to finally leave this hospital a little smaller and pain free than when I entered. haha. Thank you to everyone! stay tunned for more posts!

6 comments:

DonnaMarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DonnaMarie said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you that Carter's here and you're all doing well. We love you all and can't wait to meet the new addition!

Amie said...

We're so happy for you guys. Madison says that she 'can't wait to see Crysta's brother.'

LESTER said...

What a busy weekend for you! Ha-ha. Well I heard you guys are back home and settling in. I hope you have a wonderful week with your new family. Carter is so cute, and Crysta was so cute at church yesterday. Can't wait to see you guys again.

KristinStinnett said...

Wow! What a labor story!! Glad you have already written it down so you don't forget the details--they do tend to blur over the years. :) So HAPPY Carter is here and healthy--love the name! Enjoy these precious first days--so sweet! All the Stinnetts are THRILLED for you all and send our love. Take care.

lilswt1 said...

Tina! You are my HERO!! I am so grateful that you and Baby Carter are doing great! Congratulations to you guys! And I know Crysta will be the best big sister out there! Love you guys!!