Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Updates n' Stuff

Well I have the privalage of visitng the doctors offices every week now, until the wonderful day our son is born. Last week, I had a 'Group B Strep' test done. For those that dont know what that is, its just a check on my birth canal to see if I carry the virus, which doesn't really affect me, but I can pass it to the baby as he is being born, which can cause him to get really sick right off the bat. It's not really fatal, but its definatly not something you want to pass on. Well I went to the doctors again today for another check up and found out that I AM carrying the virus. So the measures to be taken are just an antibiotic through my IV when Im in labor. Nothing serious, simple measures to be taken to insure the health of the baby. My blood pressure and sugars are extremely low,and is causing Dr. Lynn some concern. I also have been loosing weight. I guess totalling about 1-2 pounds a week. My uterus and baby are still growing on schedule, so the worry is not for him. She is just keeping a watchful eye on me. I am feeling fine, besides some expected fatigue. Im taking it as slow as I can,but thats hard for me to do.

I also FINALLY got to use the gift my wonderful hostesses got me for the shower, which was a 2 year membership to Two Views Photography. I was so excited to get to work with her, since she has done an awesome job with Jen and the boys. She was able to squeeze us in tonight. I think it went well. I have no idea what the pictures look like, but she seemed pleased. She did say that it will take atleast a week for her to post them on her website, so as soon as they are posted, I will let everyone know. Terrance really doesnt get into that sort of thing, but Crysta you would have thought was a natural born model. She was definatly working the camera, I think her little bro has some competition when it comes time for their duo pics. She was fun to watch though. And I think Jill enjoyed her enthusiasm.

I also have a lot on my mind. A few things have been brought to my attention that have been troubling me lately. Im doing my best to pray and not dwell. I guess I just need some prayers right now. I know the Lord will take care of me, and I find comfort in my time with him. I just can't shake this feeling right now.

Friday night will be the 'Bachelorette Party' for Julie! A few of us have been scheeming a few ideas. I think its going to be really fun to see how it turns out. I hope Julie is a good sport. I know she will be. Might just be the night we all need to let loose, and be silly! Should be a lot of fun. Plus we are having my all time favorite dish.. CRAB LEGS!!! Yum. Im sure pictures will be posted after the event. If our plans follow through, there should be some good ones! hehe.

1 comment:

ran said...

You are always in my prayers and in my heart. But there are special prayers for you now, as your body is tiring from carrying that little guy around, and you are about to birth him. I pray for your strength, stamina, heart and soul.

Love you!