Thursday, August 9, 2007

Our Trip and So much more.


Well Since I have about 2 weeks to write about here, mostly about our recent trip to Colorado, I figure the best thing to do is just write about the highlights in a day to day or outline fashion if you will. First of all we had a wonderful time. Any break from the routine of our daily lives is more than welcomed. Here is just a quick recap on our past week or so.
Friday June 27th:
~ Head out the door around 3:45 AM to begin our trip to Colorado. About 7 miles from the Colorado border, we notice that there is a trooper flashing his lights at us. Knowing we weren't speeding, we thought, "Wouldnt it be funny if someone was finally pulling us over for our busted tail light, and missing driver side mirror?" Yeah, HA HA, becuase thats exactly why he was. He questioned us about the reasons, then brought us back a warning. Although he was very nice, we think he was just looking for cars to pull over, and ours was an opertunity. Oh well! Funny story though! We arrived in Littleton Colorado around 2:30-3:00 PM CO time that afternoon!
Saturday June 28th:
~ My Dad had planned to have a bunch of family over for a BBQ that I havent seen since Thanksgiving of 2003, some even longer. Knowing that we wanted to get up to camp, he planned it fairly early, however, when we woke up that morning, we noticed that there was a HUGE ditch dug out of the curb right outside my Dad's house. So whether we wanted or had to, we weren't leaving any time soon! No rush though, I love every second I get to spend with the family that I dont get to see everyday. Well I was able to see some cousins, and an Aunt that I havent seen since 2003, and Crysta was able to meet some of her only second cousins. My Mother was also in attendance that day. There isnt a whole lot to say, but I can say that when we left that afternoon, I was left with a very sad feeling in my heart. But it was a great day!
Sunday June 29th:
~ About 5:00 am Crysta started throwing up in our tent. I think she got altitude sickness from the day before. She was mostly dry heaving, but was at it for most of the morning, until it was time to head to Buena Vista for church. She recoverd by the afternoon. The rest of our crew arrived that afternoon as well.. Now the vacation has officially started.
Monday-Thursday:
~Nothing to exciting happend within these few days. It was filled with making Thank You cards for all of our baby shower gifts, reading books, going fishing, and shopping. I also learned how to play a new version of washers, and Terrance and I were playing for the championship spot, but never got the chance to before we packed up to leave. Oh well. We also went swimming in the hot springs. Crysta now has a nasty case of swimmers ear, but she really enjoyed playing in the spring! It was a very relaxing week. I really enjoy just getting to spend time with family and friends.
Friday:
~ All day was a debate of weather we were going to have the famous fish fry. I was also waiting to see if some of my friends and family were going to be coming up for the night. I recieved voicemail messages that morning, saying that they were. Eventually Brandie and her Fiance Ted came up, then later my brother Chris and his Finace Ann showed up. Everyone else went out to eat that night, and we all hung out at camp, eating Brauts and playing marbles and dominos! It was a great time. I was so happy that they all were able to make it up to visit before we headed for home.
Saturday:
~ We packed up camp and left with Tawn and Darron around 9:30 am CO time. Since my Dad wasnt able to come visit camp that week, Tawn and Darron agreed to meet in Denver for lunch so we could say good-bye to my dad. We went to a really good place called Casa Bonita! Crysta LOVES that place, and we were lucky enough to be sat right next to the divers! She had a blast. After lunch we were on the road to Salina, Kansas. We arrived to our hotel that night around 9:30 MO time. Had pizza, and great HOT showers. I had the worst possible case of heart burn that night, and didnt have anything to relieve it. I think I slept every where in that room besides in the comfy bed I was looking forward to!
Sunday:
~ Arrived home around 2:00 pm. started the MASSIVE loads of laundry that had accumulated, and just rested. Glad to be home, but not ready to get back into the routine! It was a wonderful trip! Im gonna miss that Colorado weather and scenery.
Monday:
It was Terrance's Birthday, and although our recent Chicago trip was technically his birthday present, I still felt like doing a little something for him. So I invited what people were in town over for dinner and a movie. It was simple but nice. even though our air conditioning was acting up, and it felt like 100 degrees in there, everyone else seemed to be doing ok.
Tuesday:
I had a doctors appointment. I found out that I had only gained 3 pounds instead of the 8 I was dreading. I also found out that I am 1 CM dialated, so the process has begun. Thank goodness since I am really getting smushed and uncomfortable. I also found out that my blood sugar was a little high for comfort, so the doctor asked me to check it through out this next week. So Carey is letting me borrow an extra meter. I guess I get to see what its like to be a part time diabetic this week. I am not looking forward to pricking my finger though. OUCH.

No comments: