Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Learning through experience

OK, so I had asked Tawn and Steph if they wanted to go to Michaels then SAMS Club last night. I thought it would be a good excuse for some sista time, and also get stuff for our upcoming camping trip in Colorado. Well we went to Michaels first. I got everything I needed, but when I checked out, I went to right a check, and realized that I was using my last check. DUH, I had even checked earlier that day, and reminded myself to remind myself to grab another book.. Well, I didnt, so I didnt have any more checks, so MY trip to SAMS was wasted. HAHA. However, Tawn let me use her membership card, so I could run up there this morning to get what I needed. I got through the door ok, and all my stuff. I even got through the check out line fine until I handed the lady a check. she noticed that MY name wasnt on the membership card. Well having no other way to pay (no debit or credit card), she said that I couldnt use someone eleses membership card, and write a check. So she had to call a higher up to verify me and give her the OK to let me pass. He took down my information, and for the second time, explained to me why I couldnt use her card without her there, and that it all would have been a lot easier if I were to have used a credit card rather than a check.. Well even though he thought it was ok, he had to make sure and he called over a 3rd person. Again, verified my info, and gave me the lecture as to why I can't use her card without her being present! by this point I think I had appologized MAYBE a million times, and explained that I honeslty didnt know that it wasnt allowed, and that she knew I had her card, and it was all a big misunderstanding, and that it would never happen again. they let me get the stuff I needed, which I was grateful for, since I had driven 30 minuets out of my way for the second time in 2 days. So, just in case you want to go to SAMS without a membership, do 1 of 2 things. Either make sure you have a way to pay when you go with a member the first time, or 2 if you go with someone elses card, bring CASH or a credit card to avoid 3 lectures, a scolding, and the hassle! Funny adventures, only this stuff can happen to me! Im like fly paper for this kind of stuff! But thats what makes my life so intresting! HAPPY WEDNSDAY!

No comments: