Monday, July 23, 2007

Baby Shower LOVE!

WOW again! be prepared this one might get a little long. My friends and Family never stop surprising me. This past saturday, July 21st, my friends and family planned a baby shower for me. I knew nothing about it, other than what time to be there and where to show up. When I get there, everyone is in sports related clothing. To find out that the theme was indeed sports. There was BBQ burgers and hot dogs for lunch. YUMMY, and sports decoration everywhere. Tawnifer made the shower cakes, and one was made to look like a baseball mit! Very creative, and very very cute! I almost wanted to preserve it, but what good is a preserved cake, when you are a pregnant lady?
The shower was by invitation only, but there were still more than enough people there. I was surprised by how many showed up. We played a few games, one of my favorites was, everyone had to look at my belly and guess how many squares of toilet paper would go around my tummy once. I didnt hear all the guesses, I think if I did, I may have cried. But the total was 10 sheets. 3 people guessed it right. I later found out that my B-I-L Terrill guess 20 somthing, and my own husband guessed 14 sheets! Thanks guys.
After opening all the gifts, the girls who planned the shower hit me with one more surprise that just put me over the top. They handed me a 100 dollar gift certificate to a really good photography studio for a 2 year membership! This photographer does amazing work, and how it works is, You pay 100 dollars for the first 2 years of your babies life. You call her up whenever you want to get picutres done, and just pay for the copies. After they handed me that, I could no longer hold back the tears. I felt somwhat of a fool to cry, but I was just so over whelmed with appreciation, shock, and HORMONES, that I couldnt help myself!
The shower was perfect. More than I could have ever asked for. We recieved everything we needed, and more. now I just have to get busy and start finding places to put it all. I am just so amazed at the attitude people have here, and the love and fellowship they all share. Never is one searching for someone to be there when help is needed. What a great Family we have in the Lord. I thank God everyday for everything that he has blessed me with, and for directing my path here. AMAZING.
Like I said before, my brother Chris and his finace Ann were able to come visit for an entire week. It was so nice to be able to spend all that time with them. Our visits are few and far between. We had a great time, and they too did more than they should have for us while they were here. They called with good news that they made it back to Colorado safely. I already miss them, and Crysta was getting in the habbit of sleeping in our room, since hers was rented out for the week. But we will be leaving for our Colorado camping trip soon, and will get to see them again. Can't wait. Thank you to everyone who is in our lives! we couldnt ask for a better place to be than this.

2 comments:

Tawn said...

The shower was so fun! And you got some really good stuff...the Lord always provides what is needed. :-) Can't wait for Little Bit to get here in the next few weeks!

ran said...

The shower was great fun! The girls did a great job with it.

I want to say this - and hope all you girls (you know who you are!) will read it.

It is incredible to see you girls together -
worshiping together,
playing together,
sharing your lives,
loving each other,
helping each other,
growing together and
growing in the Lord.

We have a terrific group of young couples, and it is wonderful to see you all together. Keep your eyes on the Lord and you will all go far.

Resa