Thursday, April 10, 2008

New Steps

A quick update, yesterday Terrance, Crysta and I went to the Methodist Church Pre-school program to look into registering Crysta for the upcoming year. She liked it from what we could see. I don't really know how to do the school thing, so Im sure the director thought I was a little naive, but Im sure she sees that a lot. The only thing we didn't like was, there is no outdoor play area for them to play on. But there is a huge gym for them to play in, so atleast they will have room to run around in. We also found out that Stacy Hammner from church will be Crysta's teacher! That is a comforting thought in many ways. Since it is a church affiliate, we were a little hesitant about what exactly would be taught there. Apparantly on Wednsdays they will have a short chapel service, with bible stories and bible songs. While we were there, we were able to see how the teachers interact with the students. All the children at some point would come up and hug on the director. You could really see her relationship with them, and it was comforting to see that they trusted her, and genuinely loved her. So we went ahead and registerd her and payed the fee, thus holding her spot in the afternoon class. So I am content with the place she will be attending, and assured that she will have somewhere to go. We may still keep our eyes peeled for somewhere else. You never know if there is anything better out there. She will only be going 3 days a week in the afternoon, so I will be broke in slowly to the world of my baby going to school. Crysta is super excited about the thought of school, so I think I may be the blubbering baby in September.So, if any of you veterans have any advice please share.. Crysta did impress the director while we were there, by spelling her name with magnetic letters on a board. The director said that it was very impressive that a 4 year old recognized the letters and could put them together to form a word. Little does she know that Crysta can spell many words, and write all her letters! Crysta actauly surprised me the other day while I was cleaning the church, by writting MOM on the white board all by herself! She sounded out the letters, and wrote them down! I have never been more proud of her than that moment! I know I have a lot more of those moments to come. I have no doubt that she will make us proud in everything that she does! Even at 4 she strives to please us, and is eager to learn! I have never loved any one more than I love my children! How blessed we are to be parents!

3 comments:

ran said...

I think I may cry with you! It's a big change, and a necessary one, but, I'm afraid Gpa is REALLY going to miss seeing her everyday at the building. She is one very special girl!

DonnaMarie said...

It will probably be harder for you (and Gma & Gpa) than anyone! I remember Mom coming to the house for the kids' first day of school and crying with me for about an hour after the kids were gone! It will be a big change, but you all are great parents who are teaching her to do right. That should bring you comfort - knowing that no matter what change she's going through, she'll be just fine! :-)

LESTER said...

I'm tearing up already and I'm not even a parent.