Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Caught in the net!


Look at this little girl.. Charming isn't she? Well, your not the only one to think so. Since the weather was warmer yesterday, after I was finished cleaning the church, we had about an hour before Terrance got off of work. So I took Crysta and Carter to the park at JC lake. There was another family there, 2 boys and their mom. One of the boys was Crysta's age and was swinging. Crysta just so happend to pick the swing next to him, and he began to mimic what Crysta was saying. (I am assuming as to get her attention). Eventually it worked, and they began to talk and laugh.. His mother, couldnt speak english very well, but we tried to have a conversation non the less. Crysta decided to slide, so naturally the boy, who I later learned was called Thomas, followed her. Time wore on, and another little boy, the same age, joined the group. At one point Thomas slid down the slide, and looked up to see Crysta sandwiched between 2 other boys waiting to slide down. "Hey, Get away from MY GIRL, Thats MY GIRL!" Thomas yells at one of the boys. He waited for Crysta to slide down, then he proceeded to take her hand and lead her away from the other boys. "Come on my girl" he says. his mother and I share a laugh. More time passes and all 3 boys start to chase Crysta all around the park, and one of the other mothers informs me that I should buy my baby girl a baseball bat to warn off the boys! "Not yet!" I scream in my head, but right as I was saying that Thomas gives Crysta a great big hug! "Time to go" I say, breaking up the hug! Im not ready for boys, and judging by what I saw yesterday, they are definatly in the FAR FAR FAR future! Looks like we will be investing in a bat after all!!

2 comments:

ran said...

It's no wonder that the boys wouldn't go after her. She is fun, funny, beautiful, and a joy to be around....even for a boy! I think it will take more than a bat.....maybe daddy "up all night, just cleaning this gun" - you can hear the melody to the song and it sure fits OUR girl!!!

LESTER said...

I love that story. It is def. Crysta and I'm sure you have a lot more of that to come!