Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Colorado Weekend

Carter and I were able to visit my family in Colorado this past weekend. My soon to be Sister was having her bridal shower, and my bridemaids dress arrived, and Ann's mom offerd to do our alterations, so I needed to get fitted. Our flight out there was a full flight, and I was a little nervous as to how Carter would handle it. Thankfully I sat next to a very nice college student who didn't mind the noise Carter makes when he is falling asleep(you all know what I mean). On our way into Denver, I was able to stop in Byers to see my cousin Sjana who just had her first baby boy in January, Samuel Dean Shelley. It was great to get to see my cousin and aunt, and just to meet the new addition to our family. He did make Carter look somewhat like a spaz, because he is just calm and quiet, and Carter is a loud wiggle worm.
Once into Denver, I just hung out with my family until it was time for my date. I took my Dad out for a belated birthday present. We got all dressed up and went to a very yummy restaurant named Carabas. It was good to get to spend one on one quality time with my Daddy. I miss him so much, so I took my time keeping him to myself. While we were out, My brothers and the ladies kept Carter. They said he did well, so I was happy he cooperated with them.
Satruday morning I was fitted for my dress and discoverd that it was about a size to big.so I was happy that it needed to be taken in and not let out! Then we got ready for Ann's bridal shower. It took about 2 1/2 hours to set up, and about 5 hours to complete. By far the longest shower I have ever been too. It was a lot of fun to get to see Ann's friends, and meet all the girls who are in her wedding as well. I mostly sat back and observed everything, and took care of Carter, but I had a lot of fun. I can't wait until I get a wonderful woman as my sister. Chris is a very lucky man, and so is Ann.
Sunday morning we all went out to brunch before my Dad took us to the airport. I haven't been able to eat with the whole family in a while, and I miss our fun times. I was sad to say goodbye, but reminded myself that I will be seeing them again in 6 weeks for the wedding. I can't wait. While on the plane, we were delayed for about 15 minuets. Some fuel was put in the wrong part and in the wrong amount, so they had to transfer some fuel, then check the gauges. Luckily Carter pooped before we took off durring the delay, so I didn't have to disturb anyone by changing a stinky diaper. After that, Carter started to chew on my thumb, and I noticed something sharp, and felt his gums. His first tooth and broken the skin. His bottom left tooth is in!! YAY!! I couldn't wait another hour and a half to tell Terrance so I had to call him!! The woman sitting next to me just laughed at my excitment. But now he is feverish, and fussy as the other one pokes through. I can't believe how time flies.
Our trip to Colorado was wonderful, and I can't wait to go back in 6 weeks.

No comments: