Wednesday, November 14, 2007

updates

I always start to write my blogs with a few details on my mind, and the minuet my fingers hit the keys, my mind goes blank. So here is what I remember. Crysta had her 4 year old check up wih shots last Friday. She did really well. Wait I think I blogged about that already?? OK, moving on, Carter had his 2 month old check up and first round of shots today. I remember telling everyone that at his 2 week check up he was already 11 lbs, and 23 inches long. The doc suggested that maybe we try to cut back on his feedings. He wasn't trying to imply that I starve the kid, just maybe watch his intake a little closer.. Well since then, Carters feedings have spread out a little. He is eating maybe every 3-3 1/2 hours, possibly 4-6 oz each. He is a big boy, you can tell just by looking at the child, but he isn't HUGE. Well, results are in, and as of today he is 14.5 pounds, 24 1/4 inches long. He is very healthy, and porportiond. The doctor said he was big, but since everything is proportiond, there is nothing to worry about. However, he is in the 97th percentile for weight! haha. Thats my boy! As long as he is healthy and developing fine, I have no worries. He will be just like Crysta though, and wearing clothes that should be 2 sizes to big. HE is already in 3-6 month stuff. Crysta is already wearing 5t-6. Crazy. Im really not sure where they got their big kid genes, but Im ok with it!
Carter is sleeping great. He was struggling with some congestion; still is, but he is getting better. For the past 2 nights he is going 4 hours inbetween feedings. Thats almost a decent full nights sleep for me! but he also is sleeping a lot durring the day. I felt bad today, b/c he woke up so happy and smiling and I just knew what he was in store for. HE was even smilling at the nurses right before they stuck him, and the look on his face when they did was almost a " how could you do that to me?" face. And his cry was heartbreaking. But he recoverd quickly, and has been sleeping ever since.
Oh some gross news, a few weeks ago, Terrance had hit his big toe or something pretty badly. Ever since, it has been red, irritated, and his toe nail was getting whiter by the day. We knew it was going to fall off. Luckily I had some experience with this, when Crysta lost one of her toe nails a few months ago, however, nothing is a gross as a grown mans toe nail. Well he enjoyed grossing me out with it for a while, but nothing quite satisfied him like last night. He was tucking Crysta in, and I heard him sort of grunt, but thought nothing of it, then he came in as I was getting Carter's PJ's on and asked if we had any gauze. Thats when I looked down, and saw a bloody toe nailless toe! GROSS. I still get goose bumps thinking about it! I guess when he got off of Crysta's bed the carpets snagged the nail and it ripped off! I almost took a picture to post, but didnt want to make you all suffer like me. His replacement nail is already growing back, is about the size of the cuticle. But the worst part is, is he threw it in the trash, and that was the first thing I saw in the bathroom this morning! Boys are gross! haha.
Anyway, I'll leave you with that thought, and some cute pictures of my kiddos! Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

timothy1517 said...

we needed that nail-less toe picture!