Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Bunch of Randomness

OK, so I did have the idea to post my new recipie I tried, but changed my mind, because I didn't know if that would be plagerism! but Jen said it would be a good idea to post new recipies, and I thought so too, so here it is...
Apple Raisin Pork Chops
Prep: 25 min
Cook:25 min
Igredients
8 bone in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick) ( I used 6 and it was plenty)
1 tbls veg. oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups apple cider or juice
3 tbls. spicy ground mustard
3 medium red apples, sliced
1/2 cup sliced green onins
1/4 raisins (Terrance said he could do without, but I didnt think they were bad)
1/4 dried currants(yeah, have no idea what these are and couldnt find them)
2 tbls. cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

* In a large skillet, brown pork chops in batches on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return all chops to skillet.
Combine cider and mustard; pour over chops. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 13-18 minuets or until juices run clear. Remove chops to a serving platter; keep warm.
Add the apples, rasins, onions, and currants to the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minuets, or until apples are tender. Combinecornstarch and water until smooth;stir into apple mixture. Bring to boil; sook and stir for 2 minuets or until thickend. Serve with pork chops.

There is the recipie, simple! very good. like I said Terrance could do without the rasins, and make sure you use spicy mustard, it adds a little kick to it. YUM!!

On another random note. We all are still sick in the Newton home. Terrance went to the doctor yesterday, and verdict is, its a virus. He has a very raw throat from drainage, a lot of fluid in his ears, and swollen lymh nodes. So he has great cough medicine that knowcks him out, and some Nasonex. Crysta was up most of the night coughing. The reports on childrens cold medicine had me a little hesitant to give her any. but she was so miserable, so I gave her just a little less than the reccomended dose,just to be safe. Carter is very congested, and I can't get it with the bulb. So I have to just listen to it in his sinus'. poor guy. Im not so hot either, but I will live.
I have decided to fast today and start eating really well tomorrow, to see if I can tell exactly what I am eating that is affecting Carter. (No this is not a weight loss excuse). I just really hate that he is gassy, so I want to get it all figured out. Plus I could use to eat better anyway. The hard part will be fasting though.. Wish me luck.
Grandma and Granpa Newton bought Crysta a Tinkerbell costume for halloween. She was able to take it home with her last night, and it was only off her body long enough to sleep. The first thing she did when she woke us was take off her PJ's and put that dress on. She is so excited! Carter will be a pea pod this year! SO CUTE! it will make for some great pictures. speaking of pictures. Here are a few that Crysta took the other night! What a photographer!

2 comments:

lilswt1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lilswt1 said...

Sorry about that, I have had the same thing as you guys for almost 6 weeks. It is horrible. What I found to work was Vicks vapor rub on the chest at night! So much beter! Hope you all get better soon! Love you guys!!