Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Story

Well As you all know, I am a recovering coffee adict! I have been some-what sober now for 4 or 5 months. Give the occasional stop at Dunn Bros, or make me a cup while I scanned at data comm. I am proud of my self, my CA group (Coffeholics Anonymous) says that I am an inspiration to them. I try to hold myself to high standards, so I don't fall down into the deep oh-so-sweet pit of coffee bingeing. However, as I was walking down Wal-marts cheery isles, I needed peanut butter. Well ironically the peanut butter is right accross from the coffee, and then I don't know what happend, its like I blacked out. It must have been the smell, because the next thing I know I am grabbing a BIG can of Folgers, and putting it in my cart. It was like my concious was seperated from my body, and I couldn't controll it! NO!!! my mind screamed as I outwardly watched my hand put the coffee... The wonderful, bold, dark, strong coffee in my cart. There was nothing I could do. So instead of fighting myself by trying to put it back, I just went about the rest of my shopping. By the time I was finished I had forgoten about the coffee, and found it in one of my bags when I got home.
"Now What?" I asked myself. "Well, since I can't drive all the way back to walmart, just to return it, I guess I better keep it." So thats what I did. Then the real tradgedy happened about 10 minuets ago.. I saw it there, just sitting on my counter. hugging the coffee pot, and starring at me, as if to say, "Please put me in there, its where I belong." Well you can guess what happend next......
Am I ashamed? Have I fallen off the wagon? If I have, it is so great, because the smell of coffee brewing in my home again, is unexplainable! It smells so good!! So now I leave you with my story, while I go enjoy a nice, hot cup of caffine in heaven!

2 comments:

LESTER said...

Oh how I love the smell of the coffee isle too. I could stand in it for hours. I've come to realize that I like the smell a lot more than I like the taste though. Unless of course it is mostly sugar and cream or chocalate or any other sweet flavor and a little bit of coffee!

ran said...

you crack me up! as I sit and enjoy my coffee this morning!