Monday, July 8, 2013

Getting Close

36 weeks! feels like it has taken FOREVER to get here. I found out pretty early that we were expecting our 3rd child, and I started showing really early, so 36 weeks really has felt like 50. Thankfully I have had an incredibly easy pregnancy. I can't complain. Sure I have had those little annoyances, like comments about my size, heartburn, leg cramps ect. But I have had it really easy compared to what some women go through.
I asked my doctor her feelings on inducing me on my due date. Crysta was 2 weeks late ( 7lbs 15oz and had to be induced), Carter was 1 week late ( 8lbs 15oz  and had to be induced). So I don't really know what it is like to go into labor on my own, and I REALLY don't want to be late with this guy. Depending on my progress, she said she would consider setting the date on my due date, but the latest she will let me go is 3 days passed, so that is something to look forward too.
The kids are getting really excited. Carter talks to my belly everyday. I am currently working on getting rooms moved around and sorting baby items. I am so thankful for generous and kind people in our lives. 2 ladies at church gave us TONS of baby clothes, and I think we are good! it took me 2 movies to sit and sort through all the clothes the other night! We are blessed with wonderful people. The ladies at church threw a joint diaper BBQ for us preggos at church a few weeks ago, and we walked away with a large amount of diapers, again we are blessed. Another woman at church wanted to throw me a smaller more personal shower, which is planned for this weekend. I don't like putting anyone out, but I truly appreciate the kindness and generosity of the ladies planning that shower, again BLESSED!
My job situation is a little up in air. It is important to us that I stay home with the baby. Daycare is not an option. I will run my own daycare from home before I put our baby in one. That is not to slam or judge those who do put their kiddos in daycare, you have to do whats best for your family. I am just an entrepreneur at heart, and I know I will figure out a way to still contribute financially while still being the main caregiver of our children. I can always fall back on house cleaning... I have considered many options, I just pray to God that I keep my eyes, ears and heart open to His plan for us, and not drown His plan out with MY plan.
Not a lot going on other than nesting and preparing to welcome our 3rd Lil' Newton into this world. Stay tuned, my posts should get more exciting from here on out!! :) Thanks for reading! I leave you with a picture from 35 weeks! :)

1 comment:

Colorado Kid said...

Tinker, I don't think your last blog was boring. The fact that you have a super support group close to you is amazing. I am comforted knowing that you have such a group. Knowing that all is going well with your pregnancy allows me to know that you are in capable hands, especially the Lord's. It is great to know that Carter and Crysta are excited about the upcoming birth. Carter will have a little brother to hang out.
There is nothing more valuable than a family that is supportive of each other. You are truly blessed. You are always in my prayers and know that even though we are miles apart, you are as close as me touching my heart because you will always live there.

I pray that the coming weeks will go quickly for you and that when the time arrives that both you and the baby are happy and healthy. Please remember to let me know if there is anything that I can do to assist from here. You will always be and remain my perfect daughter.
LAAF, Dad