Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Big Things

37 weeks. Another week closer to welcoming our little man. We had positive feed back from our doctors appointment last Friday. My body is already making preparations for delivery, which is encouraging. Our doctor also let me know that she won't make me wait to long passed our due date. So it is encouraging to know that in less than 3 weeks we will have our new addition. And believe me, I am BEYOND ready. Crysta and Carter are ready too.
This passed weekend was a very full weekend. Some wonderful ladies from Church threw me the cutest shower. The theme was "Ready To Pop" with lots of Pop related items, suckers, pop tarts, popcorn ect. The decorations, food and company was amazing and far surpassed anything I expected or imagined. It's no secret that I LOVE planning parties for people. Showers and Birthdays are my favorite, but I don't really expect the tables to be turned and I'm the guest of honor. I was truly and deeply touched and humbled by the attendance and the generosity of all the ladies who attended, and especially the time and effort put in by the ladies who put it together in just 1 short week. I think we are another step closer to welcoming #3. However, if he came today, he would have to sleep somewhere else, as his bed is full of his gifts I have yet to put away.
After the amazing shower, Terrance and I bought a New Used truck. We had purchased 2 vehicles about 2.5 years ago, and his truck we bought then has been anything but reliable. I think we have spent more fixing it and keeping it running than we did paying it off. Just recently, after spending a good chunk of money on getting it fixed we realized that the truck is in need of a new transmission and new engine. The cost of replacing those, was WAY more than we still owe on the truck. So we went back to the dealership who sold us the truck in the first place. Long story short, They took the truck back, and we walked away with a much bigger, hopefully more reliable truck. Terrance is happy and that makes me happy.
Sunday, our church threw a couple a baby shower. It was a potluck style right after morning services. It's a lot of work to put together, but the turn out was amazing, and I know that the couple was encouraged. I am always happy to see people come together to encourage and support young couples. Expecially first time parents.
I am still working on my de cluttering of the home. I have hit a standstill on the kids rooms. There is a lot to do, but I am finding that my energy spurts are shorter, and I struggle with doing that opposed to hanging with the kiddies. I realize that these last few days are my last days EVER of just having Crysta and Carter. This time is so valuable and precious. Our lives will never be just the 4 of us again. I am trying to soak up as much of them as I can before my attention will be split 3 ways.
Obviously from my post my brain is a bit scatterd and all over the place. Thanks for reading. I will leave you with some pictures from my awesome baby shower!






No comments: