Monday, February 11, 2008

Our week N weekend

I took a Part Time temporary job at Terrill's work, Data Comm scanning medical documents into the office's data base. They are letting me come in in the evenings, which is nice, but its cutting into my family time. Granted Terrance plays basketbal 3 out of the 5 nights of the week, but its only for 2-3 hours tops. The extra money will be nice, especially since we are hoping to buy a second car by the summer. So needless to say I am busy with the church, and taking care of my 2 lovelys on top of it. I do enjoy having something out of the house to do though. And as crazy as it sounds I like the office work. Scanning documents is no trip to Disney land, but I guess just the repeditaveness of the work, in a room by myself is almost relaxing. Almost like meditation. I can quite discribe it right, but in short, I couldnt do it 24/7 for the rest of my life but for now, I am enjoying it.
Now for the pictures.. I usually take Mondays off from the church, so last monday I had a movie in for Crysta while I got ready to go into Data Comm and when I came out, she was laying next to Carter.. Too cute that she loves her time with her brother, even when no one askes her to get near him for a picture.



Then I took wednsday night off of scanning for some family time, plus I had planned on going in all day thursday, so I needed to get some sleep. so to cut back on water and time, Crysta shared part of her bath time with her brother. She really enjoyed having him in the tub with her. She likes to help me wash him and get him dressed, so having him in the bath WITH her, almost gave her the responsibility. I was only allowed to hold him, and she was the one who washed him up. If only he could sit up alone, I think she would play with him for hours! Again, I am so thankful that she loves him so much, and wants to spend time with him.


Then Saturday, to catch up on lost family time, and because it was like 54 degrees outside, we decided to picnic at the park. We loaded up, and the minuet we got to the table the wind decided to pick up. after chilling us to the bones, and blowing all of our napkins to Florida, we decided to eat in the car. Not as easy, but a lot warmer. After our car-nic, we went out to play. The wind really picked up then, and even though Carter was well coverd and bundled, it started to wake him up and make him mad, so Terrance took him and Akira to the car. So while Terrance, Akira, and Carter sat in the car, Crysta and I played on the playground. Then We got really cold, and I felt bad for Terrance, so we went home.




All week, all Crysta could talk about was making Valentines. So yesterday after lunch thats what we did. I wanted them to be totally from her, so all I did was cut out the hearts. She had glitter, crayons, stickers, glue, whatever she wanted. I helped her with 2, then after that she flew solo. Since she is getting a cold, she has been sniffling a lot and rubbing her eyes. So after she would glitter a card, she would rub her eyes and say (in a stuffed up voice) " Momma, I need to blow my nose", and when I would turn to help her, she would have glitter all over her face from rubbing her eyes, I couldn't help but laugh. I kept asking her if she wanted to rest and finish her valentines later, but she was determined. But after a dose of Ibuprofen, and 10 cards later, she was passed out on the couch. She needed the sleep. It was so fun to watch her make her cards, she loves making things for and giving them to people.
I hope this week I can knock out a lot of the job, so I might be pulling some really late nights. It will be a hard and busy week, but its only temporary. But all this has made me realize that I could never work away from my kiddos. Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Always remember these feelings you are having so at anytime you think 'man I would like to get a job and make some money' you'll know that's not where your heart is. You and Terrance are lucky to be able to have you stay at home. I sit behind my desk all day daydreaming of what that would be like to be at home with my babies. Enjoy every moment for me!