Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pickin' up the Pieces.

WOW, almost 2 full years since updating. I wouldn't even know where to begin in playing catch up. As some of you know, I had started a blog I named " Dropin' Poundage'. It was meant to be a constant source and reminder to ME to stay on top of the healthy stuff. It was great for a while, for me anyway. Not many followers but that's not what was important. So that took most of my time in writing. 
I have always been some what of a journaler. Not 100% committed by any means. There are times, obviously, that I let some time pass, but I do find comfort and release in writing my thoughts down. I guess whether you, care to read them or not is the question. 
I keep a journal for both my children. I hope it to be a unique and appreciated gift for them when they are older. I enjoy going back and reading my entries from the past. If you are a parent, then you know that the little things slip your mind after a while. The journals help me remember. And believe me they are FULL of the little things. It's not always the happy stuff either, I be sure to add the hard and trying stuff, so they can tell their children one day that " I was just like you when I was your age". 
I originally started this blog as a way to update my Colorado and distant family on the progress of our lives here in Missouri. I want to apologize if I have let the ball drop on you. I will do my best to keep the news up and current! 
Now, another reason for me picking up the pieces of this forgotten blog is that we are about to have our lives change for the better for the 3rd time. We discovered in December that we were expecting the most UNEXPECTED gift from God. To be honest it took me a month or two to see it that way, but how else can you view the blessings of a baby. A precious, innocent soul trusted into your care. How can anyone take that lightly or regret that honor? Although Terrance and I were not even in the mindset of another child, God had another plan for us. It was a reminder that nothing in our lives is in our control. Now, 5 months in we are excited and ready to welcome this new little addition to our family. #3 is expected to arrive August 3rd. We are planning to have a small gender reveal with my parents and brother and sister in law this weekend ( they are expecting too!... my brother that is)! 
Crysta and Carter and blossoming into wonderful children. I thank God everyday for them. They are so sweet and pure. There is not a day I wish them to be anything other than what they are. I don't compare them to other children, or regret anything they do, good or bad. Crysta is finishing up her 3rd grade year, and Carter is finishing up pre-school. He will begin Kindergarten next year, and he couldn't be happier. 
Terrance and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary 1 month from today. It is hard to believe so much time has past. It has been an amazing journey. Full of trials and blessings, happiness and tears. One thing has remained constant throughout... Our love for God and our love for each other. Never once did we think of taking the easy way out of our struggles, and I am so proud and honored to be called his wife. 
I hope to keep the updates coming in the future as I am sure I will have a lot to share. Thanks for reading! 

No comments: