Wednesday, August 20, 2008

a Couple FIRSTS

I still have to upload pictures from Colorado, but as I have previously noted, our computer is broken. So thankfully my wonderful Dad in Law is allowing me to use his church computer for a short update. Carter has had a few firsts this week. Saturday night, we brushed his teeth for the first time. I guess the toothbrush tickled, becuase he laughed and giggled the whole time. It was too cute. Too bad we didn't have a tape for our camera, that would have made a F.H.V. ( Funniest Home Video)! He liked to chew on the toothbrush just as much. I guess I should have let Crysta do that when she was a Tot, because if I had, she might actually like to brush her teeth now! haha.
Yesterday, I took Carter to get his first big boy hair cut! I didn't have to take Crysta in to get her first official haircut until about a year ago, but having a boy, I have to stay on top of it, and I won't dare to cut it myself! He did really well.. he had to sit on my lap the whole time. He LOVES to have his hair played with too, so when Cheryl started to use the trimmers, he got really still with a dazed look. He did really well, and just looks like a little man! I can't believe how fast he has grown.! Here are the pictures for the FIRSTS!



Another funny story before I go.. Crysta was making 'Valentines' ( playing with glue and glitter) in her room the other night. My own fault, I didn;t give her anything to dump the excess glitter in, so when I came in to check on her, she had already dumped about 5 valentines worth of glitter on her floor. I saw no point in worrying about it, or fixing it then, so I left it. the next time I came in, Carter was sitting in the middle of the pile while his sister was dumping another valentines worth on top of his head! By the time clean up came, they both were so coverd! and it took me about 10 minuets for that one spot to vaccume! but it made for some funny memories! the pictures didn't come out as great, but here are a few!
Here are the kiddos playing:

Here is Crysta dummping the glitter:

You can't see it, but he is COVERD in glitter:

One of the final products! (they all looked like that!)

1 comment:

Chris & Ann said...

He is getting so big! What a cute little guy you two have. :-)

~Ann